To Our Valued Malenius Dental Patients:
Thank you for your patience during these incredibly difficult times. We are excited to reopen our doors beginning on June 1st. The entire Malenius Dental team misses you and wants nothing more than to make you comfortable while delivering the essential treatment that you need. in order to do so, there are a few changes you should be prepared for when coming in for your next appointment. These changes are either mandated by Governor Pritzker and/or recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) or decisions we have made to better protect the health and safety of our patients and the Malenius Dental team. They are:
1. Please call our office from your car when you arrive. During that call, we will go over a few brief health history questions and provide you with an estimated time for when you will be able to enter the office for your appointment. Once your dental provider is ready, we will call you back advising of the same.
2. Only the person receiving treatment may enter our office. The only exceptions will be for appointments with a small child or a patient with a disability who needs assistance from a caregiver.
3. Your temperature will be taken outside the door of our office with a touchless thermometer. In order to receive treatment, your temperature must be below 100.4 degrees. The staff will do the same when they report to work each day as well. Additionally, for either limited exception mentioned in point 2 above, either the guardian of the child or the caregiver will also need to comply with and pass our health screening process. If they do not, the patient will need to reschedule their appointment to a later date.
4. You must wear a mask at all times while in the office, except while treatment is performed. While we wish we could provide a mask to you, at this time, we are unable to do so as we must ensure that we have sufficient personal protective equipment (PPE) for our Malenius Dental staff.
5. To do our best in following social distancing recommendations, we are currently scheduling patients at approximately 50% capacity. Our hope is that doing so will no only allow the maximum number of patients to safely receive care at the same time in our office, but also provide us with additional time to clean and disinfect patient operatories.
6. Walk-in patients are not allowed. If you have a dental emergency, you must call our office to schedule an appointment.
7. A failure of or refusal to comply with any of the measures above will unfortunately result in a cancellation of your appointment.
Please note that while the changes enumerated above will be effective on June 1st, additional measues may be taken in the future given that the COVID-19 pandemic is a fluid situation. If that is the case, we will post those changes on our website, www.maleniusdental.com, and respectfully request that you visit that site for additional details on our office's response to COVID-19.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation with these measures. While we understand that they may add a bit of stress to going to the dentist, please know that these steps were implemented for the sole purpose of protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. We look forward to seeing you soon.
The Malenius Dental Team